This CMAA-award-winning project involves the $21 million renovation and expansion of the existing Howe Memorial Library. The original 1903 6,000-SF historic building is complemented by two additions in 1923 and 1979. The facility was too small for the current and proposed library program, and several major building systems needed replacement or repair. The 1923 and 1979 additions, as well as an adjacent town-owned building, were demolished and a new 22,000-SF addition adjacent to the historic structure was constructed to support current and projected needs of children, young adults, adults, and staff.
PMA was hired as the owner’s project manager for the project. PMA also supported the town with its space planning, permitting, and build-out at the temporary facility and solicited competitive bids for library moving services.
Photo Credit: Lamoureux Pagano & Associates